The Team KK understands how intellectual property (“IP”) assets can best be created , value thereto determined and rights therein protected and used/ acquired/ supplemented to produce a competitive advantage. The team provides advice and assistance to its clients with respect to due diligence (routinely uncovering issues in chain of title, encumbrances/obligations, or enforcement/prosecution/ deficiencies often left undetected), acquisition of IP and related agreements and partnerships/ joint ventures with an aim to transfer/ share/ development of IP.
The team renders services to several multinational and Indian companies across a broad range of sectors and industries on issues pertaining to registered and unregistered IP rights including trademark, copyright, designs, domain name registration, patent, licensing, and technology transfer matters; apart from management of IP portfolios.
The Team KK advises and assists clients on:
- Protection and prosecution of IP rights (including patents, trademarks, design rights, copyrights, geographical indications, domain names, proprietary know-how and business processes)
- IP due-diligence and audits.
- IP acquisition and transfer and related agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating license agreements, assignment deeds, IP development agreements, etc.
- Representing before various authorities, courts and forums on issues relating to registration and protection of IP rights.